Today we caught up with Aidan White of Living Earth Photography. A super photographer bringing the image of Ireland to the forefront.
1. Did you always want to be an artist? How did you get started?
I’ve always had a passion for photography, having been amateur for many years, however I received the opportunity to turn my hobby into a profession after being made redundant from my office job in 2014.
2. Who or what inspires you as an artist?
My love of the great outdoors primarily, and luckily living in Co Wicklow I have some of Ireland’s most amazing scenery close by.
It’s hard to beat being up and out before first light and then experiencing a stunning sunrise at a lakeside or on an empty beach.
3. Have any other artists been influential in your work?
Ireland is home to some of Europe’s finest landscape photographers, and I particularly admire the work of Peter Gordon, Enda Cavanagh, Daragh Muldowney and George Karbus.
4. What makes your pieces unique?
1. All photography is printed on professional grade papers and front-mounted within conservation grade acid-free mounts.
2. Frames are custom made from natural wood, professionally made by my framer and hand finished by me.
3. Most photography can be custom sized in order to fit a particular space within the home.
4. Available for home consultations to review photography options that best suit home decor and colour.
5. Commission service available to source the perfect landscape photograph e.g. a unique scene a customer wishes to have professionally photographed.
6. Locally based offering free personal local delivery of frame orders in Dublin, Wicklow and connected counties.
7. Personal service throughout, with progress updates and personal attention to detail from me at every stage from order through to delivery.
5. Do you have a favourite material that you work with?
I use professional grade papers, usually Hahnemuhle lustre or fine art papers as appropriate.
6. What projects are you currently working on?
Building my Irish portfolio, focussing this year on additional imagery from outside Co Wicklow.
7. Do you have a favourite pieces or one that you are most proud of?
Yes there are a couple of images where I have tried to achieve a different artistic view of a familiar location, or used in-camera techniques to add creativity to a scene.
8. Where can we buy your work?
I will be at the Love Your Home Show in Dublin this May.
Free tickets to Love Your Home Show Belfast
Get FREE tickets to the new Love Your Home Show, Belfast. The Love Your Home Show 2018, created for home lovers will take place in the Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast 12th-14th October 2018.